Pages

Monday 26 November 2012

The Day ‘The Wealthy Barber’ Called Me!

The first time I ever heard about David Chilton or his book ‘The Wealthy Barber’ I was a teenager in High School and my parents thought I should learn how to manage money. So I read the book ‘The Wealthy Barber’ that was full of practical advice for saving 10% of your salary and retiring wealthy. Chilton used a satirical barber character to weave a story of how to be frugal, watch your money, live within your means and finish financially free.
I know what you are thinking….he’s on his way to financial freedom now in his early 30’s due to the helpful advice of The Wealthy Barber, I wish! It would be too easy for me to have read helpful practical advice and follow it.  In truth it is only now after I have matured considerably that I truly understand the value of The Wealthy Barber’s message.
I bring up David Chilton because I want to illustrate how you can expand your goals. I enjoy networking and I enjoy a challenge. I have long admired David Chilton for being a normal guy that fought to get his book published when no one wanted to take a chance on him. Now anyone that passed on ‘The Wealthy Barber’ is kicking themselves big time.
Back to you setting and achieving bigger goals than you ever thought possible. I set myself a goal of networking to get connected with David Chilton, author of The Wealthy Barber, The Dragon’s Den judge and Self Made Millionaire. I have had no previous contact ever with David Chilton, so I set out to get in touch with him.

The first step in me achieving this goal is deciding to take action. I set aside time each day to network and move my career forward. During this time I composed an email to David Chilton. What exactly do I say? Will you help me become rich? No. How did you become rich? No. Would you like to network with me? No.
So I decided to speak my truth. I really enjoyed The Wealthy Barber and I have been a part time writer for many years now. I respected David for writing a thoroughly entertaining and education book. So, I asked David why he wrote his book in the style he did and the date of his birthday.
I sent my email to David Chilton, expecting nothing. First mistake; you should be ready to accept success. Within 2 minutes I got a response. David Chilton wanted to call me!
After a few deep breaths I responded and instantly my phone rang. It was David Chilton calling me. He was kind, professional, humble and great. At the same time I was talking to David Chilton, he was live tweeting for the Dragon’s Den, the Canadian adaptation of Shark’s Tank. I was so surprised and excited I was talking to David Chilton that I forget to thank him for his call. So David if you read this, Thank You!
My message is simple, in the words of Donald J Trump, “Think Big and Kick Ass” Set your goals high and take action towards achieving them. Also pick up ‘The Wealthy Barber’ and ‘The Wealthy Barber Returns’ both amazing books that if you take the advice you will succeed.
Your feedback is important to me:
Have you ever achieved a goal you thought would never happen? Tell me about it @lovesellingblog.

No comments:

Post a Comment